- The morning walk to school
- must be my favourite time of day.
- You help me with my coat and shoes
- and set me on my way.
- I'll walk beside you, hand-in-hand,
- describing from my mind
- The vehicles and buildings
- that I've already designed.
- We'll meet familiar faces
- as we wander up the brae -
- I'll ask you in a whisper
- to arrange a date to play.
- Then as we reach the playground gate,
- before I saunter through,
- I give your hand a triple squeeze
- - the code for "I love you".____
by Albert Semple
16 lines over 2 stanzas.