- She's kicked me out, this time for real.
- I'm in my car, behind the wheel.
- The hotel car-park smells of piss.
- I'm staring at a dark Ibis.
- A torch within reception shone,
- I guess the power must have gone.
- How did my marriage come to this?
- I step into the dark Ibis.
- Reception say no checking in
- Until electric does begin
- To get their systems back online,
- So from the dark Ibis, decline.
- So I retreat, but not too far,
- Resolved to sleeping in my car.
- I step back from the precipice,
- Returning from the dark Ibis.____
by Albert Semple
16 lines over 4 stanzas.